Friday, May 26, 2006

 

I hope my blog this is not a "druggie disease" is not being Misinterputed.


I grew up in the sixties and by the grace of God I did not get involved with hard drugs as many of my friends and family members did. I once posted this on some HCV forums and they thought I was putting down people who were infected because of the present or past drug use and thought I thought I was an elitist. Trust me there is nothing elite about having HCV. This is not the case and hope that those who read this, do not walk away thinking that. My beef is that if the CDC and other HCV organizations mainly focus that IV Drugs users are the main source of infection, hundreds of thousands out there will not get tested.

I guess a good example would be if a heterosexual was infected by HIV and his doctor told him, the virus is contained solely to the gay community, he would not like to be labeled and would be utterly confused how he was infected. When I go to a new doctor and informed them that I had HCV, I’m still asked well, how did you get it, were you a drug user? I simply rely, how do people get cancer? The rate of sporadic (unknown origin) infections has risen from 15% since 1995 to 30% and climbing. Most importantly, in 1995 when my first dr. told me there were only two ways of getting it blood transfusions or drug use. I truly believe that I had been misdiagnosed. He insisted and all the tests proved that I had it.


However, once on TX, paranoia, would come to mind from time to time and I would think OMG, I might being doing the God awful tx for no reason. I just want the accurate ways of transmissions to reach the general population so they too will get tested. We are all in this together and I do not care how someone was infection, I just care that someone was infected.

Comments:
Recently found your Blog and haven't gotten the impression that you think you're special because your virus did not come via drug use. You have a lot of useful information here and a cool way of putting it together. Wish you luck with your blog. I already put it in my favorites.
 
hmmmm anonymous,
I didn't think that she thought herself special. I just think that sometimes people want others to know that there are other ways to contract this disease. I for one got it from transfusions from a auto accident. and know a child that contracted it from his mother and was born with it. No one is safe from it, but I do think that it is a good idea to dispell the myth that you have to be a drug addict or be covered in tattoos or piercings to contract it. I have enjoyed this blog as well and hope that we get to see more of eachother on it. a fellow blogger
 
Hi Anonymous # 1

Thank you, glad you understand where I am coming from. Happy to hear that you are enjoying my blog.

I think Anyonymous read your comment fast and didnt actually see you said you didnt get the impression I thought I was special,
although I am kinda nice, lol
 
Hi Anonymous # 2

I believe you misdread the first comment. Sorry to hear that you contracted HCV from a blood transfusion. Although "they" say the blood is now screened I dont believe it is.

"They" have been recently implanting organs that are disease ridden. You would think that TP would be safe, wouldnt you?

It is horrible when adults get a serious disease like HCV, I cannot even imagine how it feels to have a child that was born with it. My prayers are with that child.

Have you done tx?
 
I did rereead the comments from the 1st A and you are correct, I did misread it. I am sorry if that offended anyone. It was a mistake
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?