Monday, June 12, 2006

 

My doctor told me I am a "non-responder." What does that mean?




Hepatitis C treatment doesn't work for everyone. In some people, it works better than in others. If you are a non-responder, it means that your treatment didn't work as well as your doctor hoped that it would. There are many different kinds of "non-response." Some of the kinds that your doctor might mention include the following:
Transient response
The treatment worked only as long as you took it. When you stopped taking it, hepatitis C came back.

Breakthrough response
The treatment seemed to work at first, but then it stopped working.

Partial response
The treatment seemed to work a little bit, but it never worked completely.

Hmmm, so what should you do, if your doctor feels that your
body can withstand tx.. Keep on trying.
Get Pissed and put on your big boy or big girl pants on.
Get some Attitude and kick some ass. It's your life you're
fighting for...

Remember, I was labled a non-responder after 6 months
of mono-interferon and was told there was nothing else
I could do to rid my body of the HCV. I refused to be a victim
and found a doctor who believed in me and treatment. After doing
3 years of tx, I am Cured 8 years as of May 16, 2006.
So Please, do not give in or up!




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?